Wayne County Foods was founded in 1847 by the Knecht family. Their principal business was the manufacturing and distribution of apple cider and vinegar from the Marion, New York cider mill. The company flourished for many years under the supervision of three generations of Knechts.
In 1963 the company was purchased by the Nemeth family. Vincent Nemeth, a Master Cooper had been making barrels and tanks for the wine industry in Hungary before immigrating to America with his wife Katharine after WWII. At the time of their purchase, they were operating out of Brooklyn, New York. In 1969 Vincent’s son Peter joined the company, carrying on the tradition of supplying natural food products to greater New York markets. By 1975 they had outgrown their Brooklyn facility and moved to the Bronx, operating their growing business from this location for 24 years. Once again having outgrown their current facility in 1999, they moved to their current location in New Jersey.
Wayne County Foods continues to expand with today’s market. They are consistently adding new products as well as finding new markets for their current ones. As this growth trend continues, new equipment and a stronger workforce are put in place, increasing productivity to strive towards their expanding goals.
Wayne County Foods thanks everyone who has helped along the way and looks forward to continued success with the future generations.